Monday, July 22, 2013

My reflection on my journey of becoming a teacher...

I have been in college since Fall 2008 (I took a year off to have my son)  I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I feel like this was a good way for me to reflect on my journey this far. I have really enjoyed my last few semesters because I finally got to start taking the courses required for my major and not just general education courses.  I finally felt like I was close to being a teacher.  However, at the same time now that I am getting closer to my student teaching I am getting really nervous!! I am mainly nervous because I feel like it is different when you have your classroom, your own schedule, your own kids versus just "stepping into" someone's room.

I have really enjoyed this class.  I would say it is probably one of my favorite classes so far because I feel like it is all hands on and I am truly learning things. My favorite part is all of the things I have found out that Google can do! It amazes me and I am a little sad I didn't know of these things until now.  Between the free websites, hangouts, slideshows and drives, I am amazed! Most free websites that are out there for you to use you have to upload slideshows and links and forms just like the Google site; however, if you need to change one thing on it you have to re-upload whatever you changed.  With doing everything on the drive, any changes you makes automatically changes on your site.  This will save a teacher A LOT of time, because things are constantly changing.  I am also very fond of our book. It is one of the first text books I have used that I feel like its talking to me and in "student" language.  It is a very easy book to read, which in return makes the information much easier to learn and retain. I am very satisfied in feeling like I will be taking away a lot of knowledge from this class that will help me become a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment